What can I Expect with In Office Whitening?
I offer free screenings to determine if you are a good candidate for teeth whitening as everyone will have different whitening results.
Teeth are polished to remove any soft debris/ plaque and surface staining (Best if professional Cleaning is performed one-two weeks prior)
- Wicked White is all about achieving a brighter smile without the sensitivity or painful costs associated with other high quality whitening systems on the market today. After years of testing gels for efficacy, longevity, cost and composition, Wicked White Professional Tooth Whitening was finally launched. Wicked White is an unique system, coupled with patent photo initiator gels that are free of animal biproducts, harsh chemicals or preservatives, has proven to deliver the results without the “zingers” from other systems. Only the finest ingredients are used and the neutral pH of the gel and pre-treatment liquid help to prevent dehydration, discomfort and are not harmful to the structural integrity of the teeth.
- Once the optimum shade has been reached, or the maximum one hour application time has passed, the product is removed from the teeth.
- You will be instructed to avoid foods and beverages that have a high level of pigment, such as coffee, tomato sauce or juice, yellow mustard, or red wine, and tobacco use for 24 hours after the procedure to allow the enamel pores to close to prevent re-staining. Same for take-home whitening trays…
What can I Expect with the Take Home Whitening Trays?
Convenient: You can whiten at any time of the day or night. The trays sit on the teeth for 10-15 minutes for a maximum of twice daily.
- Impressions are taken of your teeth and thin-trays are fabricated to fit your teeth precisely. This allows the professional strength gel to remain in the trays and avoid the gums.
- Custom trays help ensure that the gel stays in contact with the teeth, for maximum effect. Prevents saliva from coming into contact with the whitening agent (which can dilute its strength), and they also minimize the amount of whitening product that can dribble onto (and potentially irritate) the gums.
- Conduct your whitening session once per day until your desired level of whitening is attained. The remaining syringe-gel can be used for future touch-ups.
What are some factors that would deter teeth whitening?
- Mouths must be healthy (suspect decay, cracked teeth or active infections/poor overall health)
- Individual tooth sensitivity
- Dental Work: Tooth Whitening (bleaching) gel will only whiten natural teeth. It will NOT bleach (whiten) nor harm bonding, caps, crowns, bridges, fillings or any other artificial dental work. You may have to have the dentistry redone in order to match your new white teeth. This is a major consideration if the dental work is near the front as you will only whiten the front surfaces of your teeth and typically only the front teeth. (Teeth you see when you smile)
- Tetracycline (an antibiotic) stained teeth or grayish teeth are more difficult to bleach and have a varied prognosis.
- Exposed roots/ gum recessions will not lighten well like our enamel.
- Amalgam (silver) fillings in, near or behind the front teeth, long term bleaching can cause the surrounding tooth to have a greenish tinge.
It is important to consult with me if you have any of the above concerns.
Touch-Up Whitening Pen
Each pen contains 2.5 mL of premium whitening gel – enough for 14 applications! Our gel utilizes 12% hydrogen peroxide to provide better whitening results with shorter exposure time than products containing carbamide peroxide. Great for in-between visits, or for upkeep of your professional whitening treatment.
$35.00 / each
Wicked White has a whitening solution for everyone. The PRO line is completed in office by dental professionals and delivers immediate results.
Wicked White ingredients are 100% pure with no fillers or additives. Only the finest ingredients are used. (kosher USP glycerine, no animal by-products). Tooth whitening will not change or damage the structure of the teeth they simply make them whiter and brighter. Wicked White, as with any tooth whitening product is not recommended for children under 16 years of age and pregnant or lactating women.
Wicked White: $130.00 (In Office)