Sarah Robertson- Smith is an Independent Registered Dental Hygienist in good standing with the College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario with over seventeen years of clinical experience.
Since 2008, Gentle Dental has provided Muskoka’s first home-based dental hygiene service, with a focus on caring for older adults.
Sarah has a consistently continued her education in oral health and geriatrics, and pursues ongoing professional development in the area of seniors mental health. When the legislation was passed in 2007 enabling Dental Hygienists to work independently, Sarah had a vision…
To help individuals in our community achieve better oral health and to improve access to dental care. A passion for the profession, enthusiasm and a focus on geriatric care led Sarah to open Muskoka’s first Independent Dental Hygiene Practice in the spring of 2008.
Education & Training
I graduated from Canadore College in 2001 with Academic Honors as a Level Two Dental Assistant. Then, earned my diploma in Dental Hygiene from Fanshawe College in 2003. My pioneer roots run deep in Muskoka. Dental Hygiene is an exciting profession that is constantly evolving. My business model follows all Regulatory Laws and Best Practice Standards to protect my clients. In March of 2015, I was the first R.D.H. in Ontario to complete P.I.E.C.E.S. training. Geriatric courses are a key component in my continuing education. My ultimate goal is to help shape future oral health standards for our aging population in Ontario.
- Current CPR & First Aid
- Infection Prevention and Control Policy & Procedure Manual (Active)
- C.D.H.A. Elder Abuse
- Dental Care for Older adults
- Dentistry & Psychiatric Illness: challenges to oral care
- Diode Laser Certification
- Orofacial Myology: Addressing Functional Patterns
- P.I.E.C.E.S. – A Model for Collaborative Care & Changing Practice
- Gentle Persuasive Approaches (G.P.A) in Dementia Care
- Mental Health First Aid – Mental Health Commission of Canada
- Infection Prevention and Control Training
- Public Health Food Handler Certificate
Recipient of Muskoka
Outstanding Women in Business Award 2009